Ke.Di.Vi.M2 “Kainotomia” participated in the kick-off meeting, held in Dresden, Germany on 9-10/4/2019 within the framework of the European program ERASMUS + K2 DARE: DisAble the barRiErs.
• empowering youth organizations e.g. Youth NGOs
• empowering youth workers to implement youth mobility projects for all young people, and especially for young people with visual / hearing / physical impairments (PwVHPI)
through 4 innovative products:
• A DARE practical guide of inclusion for youth workers, trainers and educators.
• A DARE digital storytelling handbook of empowerment that will be designed for young people and young people with visual/hearing/physical impairments that wish to become DARE ambassadors.
• A Truth and DARE e-learning platform especially designed to connect youth workers, trainers, educators, NGO members, training centers directly with young people and young People with Visual, Hearing or Physical Impairments with the aim of providing a communication and e-learning space among the above groups and improve and increase the mobility opportunities for young people with visual/hearing/physical impairments.
• A DARE mobile app especially made for the needs of young people with visual/hearing/physical impairments that want to explore and be informed about the opportunities of the youth mobilities of the Erasmus+ Programme.
The purpose of the inaugural meeting was to:
• Getting to know the partners and exchanging views on good practices
• Discuss the objectives of the project and how they can be achieved
• Set the tone, style and vision of the whole project.
In particular, DARE’s main objectives are:
• to support the capacity building of youth workers, youth organizations in implementing high quality youth mobility inclusive projects involving young people with visual/hearing/physical impairments
• to open up youth work to cross-sectorial cooperation allowing greater synergies across fields of social inclusion actions concerning young people with visual/hearing/physical impairments
• to foster volunteering among young people and increase the peer support from young people towards young people with visual/hearing/physical impairments
• to foster social inclusion of young people with visual/hearing/physical impairments, taking into account the underlying European values by making organizations, youth NGOs that realize mobilities more accessible to them
• to increase the level of active participation of young people with visual/hearing/physical impairments to local and EU level through raising awareness about Erasmus+ Youth Mobility Projects and increasing their participation number in these projects.
DARE project’s target groups are:
• youth workers, youth organizations, trainers, educators, youth leaders
• young people and young people with visual, hearing, physical, impairments.