Summary of the project
The project FACIT:”Fostering Active Citizenship Competences” is a Strategic Partnership for developing competences of educators and trainers working with adult learners in different sectors, but all of them linked to Active Citizenship. The activities are planned in order to assure the exchange of best practices among professionals coming from 4 EU Countries and involved in educational programs in the following fields:
1) Ecological Citizenship: this kind of citizenship is centered around an obligation to reduce one’s ecological footprint, an obligation that carries the status of citizenship from the public sphere to the private one. (GEOCLUBE – PT)
2) Economic Citizenship: full economic citizenship can improve economic and social well-being, by reducing income and asset poverty and leading to sustainable livelihoods for children, youth and adults. (KAINOTOMIA – HE)
3) Digital Citizenship: Digital citizenship empowers people to reap the benefits of digital technology in a safe and effective way. Digital citizenship is a right; digital skills enable people to exercise this right (defend own rights in the use of Social Networks and Apps). (E-JUNIORS – FR)
4) European Citizenship : Every citizen should know his rights and duties as EU citizen in order to give his contribute to the future of Europe. (FATTORIA PUGLIESE DIFFUSA – ITA)
5) Global Citizenship: it is a social trend which fosters a new model of citizenship actively engaged and committed to making the world a more equitable and sustainable place. From this perspective, Education for Global Citizenship promotes respect and value for diversity and respect for individual and social Human Rights (Onu Agenda 2030 for sustainable development) (INTEGRA ONLUS – ITA)
To sum up, FACIT will allow the professionals involved to acquire new specific skills so as to design new learning pathways for their learners, but taking into account all the 5 aspects of Active Citizenship. The main project’s output will be the “FACIT TOOLKIT”, a shared methodology for interconnecting the 5 Citizenships. Active citizenship must be a transversal educational goal; theoretic knowledge must be combined with know-how, while the practical knowledge will lead to competences. Since the Active Citizenship is a transversal aspect to be considered in every learning/educational activity, the Toolkit will be released as an open resource, easily downloadable from the main adult learning platforms (EPALE, SALTO, etc).
In this way, it will support other professionals, not directly involved in the partnership, in the designing of learning/training pathways/courses for adult education.
#ErasmusPlus #FACIT #ActiveCitizenship
INTEGRA ONLUS-applicant- Italy, Milan
“INTEGRA Associazione per l’integrazione e la condivisione degli Immigrati – ONLUS” is a non-profit organization that operates in the field of migration policies, hospitality of migrants, international solidarity and intercultural integration. The organization, making use of highly qualified and multidisciplinary Italian and migrant professionals, is able to give significant and specific responses to the socio-cultural problems of Italy.
FATTORIA PUGLIESE DIFFUSA ASSOCIAZIONE CULTURALE- partner-Italy, Taurisano
FPD was founded in 2009, thanks the Regional Government which granted its foundation on the basis of the activities planned for the social development of the regional rural areas.
It is a non-profit regional civil organization, made by young and senior people. It’s mission is to promote and facilitate the development of rural areas of the Puglia Region, thanks to the implementation of projects concerning volunteering, youth, social inclusion, environment protection,
sustainable development, promotion of the importance of biodiversity, organic farming, nature and sport and outdoor activities. FPD focuses its attention on European mobility, both for the personal development of its members (including staff members) and for the growth of local partner organizations at International level.
Ke.Di.Vi.M2 KAINOTOMIA – partner, Larisa, Greece
KAINOTOMIA provide business consultancy to companies & supporting services and consulting support services to trainees to facilitate their (re) entrance into the labour market. KAINOTOMIA has participated in several national projects, offering a high degree of expertise regarding training in contemporary fields, matching them with those that have a high demand in job’s market, in order to develop trainees’ knowledge, skills and attitudes towards their integration in the labour market.KAINOTOMIA has been participating in co funded national projects under the name of “local development plans and entrepreneurship for unemployed based on specific local needs and growth potential”.
Association E-Juniors- partner- Paris, France
The objective of E-Juniors is to offer younger citizens (18+) – particularly those who are e-excluded – opportunities to improve their digital skills, by proposing activities in addition to formal academic studies.
E-Juniors proposes activities aiming to encourage younger people to:
• Spend free time in a productive and useful way,
• Explore new applicable areas of interest
• Inspire creativity and enhance vocational skills
• Acquire hard and soft skills facilitating the inclusion in the labour world.
E-Juniors is involved in several European actions proposing new training curriculum for the youth
based on the use of innovative ICT tools.
GEOCLUBE – ASSOCIACAO JUVENIL DE CIENCIA NATUREZA E AVENTURA, Gondomar, Portugal
Geoclube is a Youth Association founded in 2000 by a group of teachers and students from the highschool of Gondomar. The main objective of the association is to foster the active participation and the involvement of
young people in the decision making process of their education and their future. Moreover, Geoclube – Youth Association aims to create opportunities for young people to be active, to participate and to have special interest in issues that concern directly their future, such as Education, Politics,
Economics, Democracy, Social problems, Employability and Environment related issues.
Future Target Attachments
FACIT Upcoming Events
FACIT News Feed
The kick-off meeting for the FACIT project was successfully completed on 9-11th of February. Host and coordinator of the meeting was the organization Integra Onlus in Rome. Place of the meeting was the Gregorian Pontifician University . During the meeting, each organization presented its actions and programs for the current period.The 5 dimensions of the […]